Qiwi casinos - all you need to know
Qiwi has nothing to do with the delicious tropical fruit - no, what I'm referring to is the Russian payment system. This provider has printed more than 16 million virtual and physical cards and is accepted by almost 106 000 vendors and payment points over the world, including many online casinos that accept Qiwi payments.
Qiwi came out in 2008 in Russia but is now a global operation. Apart from being a popular choice for online shopping platforms such as App Store and Google Playstore, a lot of Qiwi casinos are now operational. As an online payment processor, Qiwi offers secure and smooth transfers.
Why choose a Qiwi casino?
There are several reasons to play at a Qiwi casino. Benefits range from a high security standard and anonymity to player integrity and cash payments. Here are some of the biggest advantages of using Qiwi as a payment method on casino sites:
- Cash payments – Qiwi is one of the few providers that offers cash deposits. This is a great option for those who don't want to wire money or use a credit card.
- Anonymous payments – The Qiwi casino will never be listed on your bank statement. Since you're able to pay with cash, no digital footprints are needed.
- Trustworthiness – Qiwi have partnerships with some reputable institutions like Apple and Visa. They don't work with just anybody, so, when playing at Qiwi casinos, you can feel safe that the security is top notch.
- Convenience – There are several ways to make payments via Qiwi. Cash, virtual cards, physical cards, and mobile payments to name a few. The many options available makes it a very convenient payment option.
- Extra security layers – You can validate payments using Qiwi's own app. This is a kind of two-step verification which offers an extra layer of security on top of other existing safety measures.
- No fees – Making deposits and withdrawals at Qiwi casinos is completely free.
Is there any reason NOT to choose Qiwi as a casino payment method?
I have mentioned security as one of the best benefits of Qiwi casinos, but I also want to mention some downsides. For many people, the pros outweigh the cons with this payment method, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide what's important for you personally. Here are some reasons you might not want to choose a Qiwi casino:
- Withdrawals take 1-2 days to process – To be fair, it's a little faster than some other eWallets, but it isn't the fastest payment method. For a comparison, withdrawal speeds are quite similar to those you might experience at a Visa casino or Paypal casino.
- Country restrictions apply – Depending on where you live, Qiwi may not be available to you. If you're curious whether Qiwi is available in your country, you can find this information - or just try to make a Qiwi account - at the Qiwi website. As more countries start working with this payment processor, the list of available countries is subject to change.
- Limited number of Qiwi casinos – There are still not that many casinos that accept Qiwi for deposits and withdrawals. This will probably change as more casinos pick it up, but if you want more choice right now, you might want to try another payment method or choose from my general list of best online casinos.
Using Qiwi at online casinos
So, you've decided you like the benefits that come with Qiwi casinos and wonder how to get started? First, you need your Qiwi account, and the good news is that it's free and only requires a phone number. Just head over to the Qiwi website and create an account. Once you're set up with an account, here's how to quickly make your first deposit and get started with all the exciting games.
Depositing money at Qiwi casinos:
- At the cashier section of the casino, choose Qiwi as payment method. If you haven't yet found a great Qiwi casino, you'll find my list of top Qiwi casinos at the top of this page.
- Enter your card information and the amount you want to play with.
- Verify the payment using the Qiwi mobile app.
After you've verified the payment, you're ready to enjoy the games. I've found the time varies between Qiwi casinos, but usually it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to get set up. The actual transaction is instant, so, once you've verified the payment, the money will show up in your account immediately. If it's the first time you play at one of my recommended Qiwi casinos, you'll likely be offered the option to choose a welcome bonus.